Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Upper Left Hand Corner - Day 6

On Friday morning, September 21, I packed my suitcase and took it down to the lobby to be stored until afternoon.  I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant.  I took a couple photos of the view from my room.

We met at 9:00 in the Bainbridge Room on the 3rd floor to watch a video of the 1962 construction of the Space Needle.  We rode the monorail at 9:45 to the Seattle Center and the glass-fronted elevator up to the observation deck of the landmark structure.  I walked around the outside deck to spot some of the places that we had visited this past week.  I spotted a cruise ship at either Pier 90 or Pier 91 but it was not the Golden Princess.



After viewing the scenery for quite some time, I walked down the street to catch the bus to Fremont.  I stopped briefly at the lobby of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center to view the exhibits.

I caught the bus #30 to the Fremont district.  I had lunch at Starbucks on Fremont Avenue N. of Fruit and Nut Box, Izze Clementina drink and Shortbread cookies.  I photographed "Waiting for the Interurban" and the statue of J.P. Patches and Gertrude - a couple of clowns.  I visited Groundspeak Headquarters at 2:00PM where I met several of the staff and purchased a Groundspeak Lackeys MMXII Geocoin.  I forgot to sign the log book.  




I rode the bus back to Seattle Center and then rode the Monorail.  I picked up my suitcase at Red Lion hotel and walked several blocks to The Moore Hotel.  My room was not ready so I read my novel in the hotel lobby.  I was disappointed in check-in and the view from my room.  I should have stayed another night at the Red Lion hotel.

I walked to the Seattle Art Museum where I had a sandwich at the SAM Taste Restaurant.  I browsed the artwork on two floors.  Several galleries were closed for installation of a set of exhibitions to open in October.  Rather disappointing.  I purchased "Lunch Box Revolution" by Gil Kahana and Michiko Nitta in the Gift Shop.



I had a good nights sleep at The Moore hotel.  There was a folk rock band performing next door to the hotel but I barely heard it.

No comments: