Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Upper Left Hand Corner - Day 4

I had buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant at 6:30AM as usual.  The tour bus departed for Tacoma at 9:00.  We were about 15 minutes late as one person was late.  We traveled to Tacoma, 45 minutes south of Seattle, to visit the extensive Chihuly glass exhibit in the historic Union Station....





...and  the Washington State History Museum. 


We had lunch at Harmon's - a brew pub near the museums.  
Afterwards we walked across the Chihuly Bridge of Glass to the Museum of Glass.  I searched for two geocaches along the waterway but did not find either.  One cache stated it was a micro however I found out later it was a small.  I looked at the current displays in the Museum of Glass and watched glass blowing in the Museum's ampitheater-style hot shop.








I rode the Monorail at 4:45 to Seattle Center where I had a light dinner at Starbucks of Fruit and Nut Box and Shortbread Cookies.  I was first in line to get a ticket for tonight's 7:30 performance of "The Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford in the Center Theatre at the Armory.  I enjoyed the performance however I felt that the second half was a bit slow.  I had trouble staying awake.
I rode the monorail and walked back to the hotel.  

No comments: