Thursday, September 27, 2012

Golden Princess and Vancouver, B.C. - Day 8

Sunday, September 23 - I had a good nights sleep.  I woke very early so I could get breakfast at Horizon Court on Deck 14 Aft before leaving the ship.  I packed my suitcase and gathered up my things.  I was off the ship rather quickly and through customs.

I am glad that I went on this brief cruise however I will not likely go on another cruise.  I recently read in an article  "The greatest drawback of cruising is you are not in any place long enough to truly experience it.  You do not learn much about its geography [and geology] and wildlife or its people, their culture and history."


I took the Sky Train to Yaletown Roundhouse Station and walked a few blocks to the Comfort Suites hotel on Howe Street.   After settling in my room #626, I took a photo of the view from my hotel window.
I walked back to the Sky Train Station in Yaletown and rode to the Waterfront Station.  I purchased a ticket at 10:30 to ride the Blue and the Red lines on the Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley.  After I rode the Blue line I got lunch at Starbucks of Fruit and Cheese Plate and slice of Lemon Poppyseed Loaf.  I rode the Red line stopping at the rose gardens and flower gardens and the totem poles.   As we came near the end of the Red line I left the Trolley to join the Blue line.  I rode as far as Granville Island.




I had a cheeseburger and beer for dinner at bridges while I watched the football and soccer games on the televisions in the bar.


I rode the little ferry boat across False Creek and walked several blocks to my hotel.  I had a good nights sleep.

No comments: