Thursday, September 27, 2012

Golden Princess Cruise to Vancouver, B.C. - Day 7

Saturday, September 22 - I had a good nights sleep.  I took a couple photos of the view from my room at The Moore hotel in downtown Seattle.

I packed my suitcase and took it down to the lobby to store until I was ready to leave for the cruise ship.  I checked out of the hotel at 10:45.  I ate a late breakfast at the cafe on the 4th floor of Nordstrom.  I had a Garden Veg Omelet with no potatoes and extra fruit, orange juice and toast with strawberry jam.


I walked back to The Moore hotel to retrieve my luggage.  I caught the city bus at 4th and Stewart for Pier 91.  I met two men on the bus: Arnold and Robert.  We walked about 1/4  to 1/2 mile to the check-in building.  Almost everyone else drove cars, arrived by cars, arrived by taxi or arrived by tour bus.


My room was in a perfect location.  I rode the elevator to Aloha Deck 12, turned right, entered the hallway and my room A703 was right in front of me.  I was quite impressed with the room with a large bathroom with shower, large closet and bedroom with Queen size bed, side tables, easy chair, small refrigerator and television.   The balcony had two patio chairs and a low round table.  Great view of Seattle and when underway the Washington coast.


I dressed in black for dinner.  I had interesting dinner companions - three women from Grants Pass, Oregon and a couple from Cape Cod, Massachusetts.  I had delicious crème brulee for dessert.
I attended the Production Show: British Invasion in the Princess Theater, Decks 6 and 7 forward.  It was enjoyable.  I went back to my room to change into a sparkling top.  I went to the Marriage Match Game Show at the Explorers Lounge, Deck 7 Midship.  It was hilarious at times.  I am sure that one of the wives will have words with her husband after the show.  He told the Cruise Director during the game that if he had to chose a second wife he would chose his wife's friend, Elizabeth.  It absolutely did not sit well with his wife.  She leaned very far away from him in her chair for the rest of the game.

About 10:30 I went up to the cafe where I had three light desserts including a delicious rice pudding.  I went back to my room and promptly fell asleep after a warm shower.

No comments: