Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Upper Left Hand Corner - Day 3

I ate a buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant at 6:30AM.  The tour bus departed early at 7:45 for the 14,410' Mt. Rainier.  At a rest stop on the way we chose our lunches from a Safeway deli.  I bought an Italian Sandwich, Lays Potato Chips and Diet Coke.

At 11:00 I explored the historic national park old time gas station and walked the Trail of the Shadows at Longmire in the Mt. Rainier National Forest.   I dated and signed the log book at the Longmire Museum for the Earthcache.







The Road Scholar tour group stopped at Narada Falls. The trail was closed but I got permission to walk down the trail aways to take some photos.


We parked near Paradise Lodge, elevation 5500 feet.  I walked up to historic Paradise Lodge where I ate my lunch in the great room.   I and two other women hiked from the Lodge to the trail head, hiked the entire 1.2 mile Nisqually Vista Trail and then hiked back to the tour bus parked by the Lodge. There were wildflowers in profusion along the trail.



We stopped for pie and ice cream at the historic Copper Creek Inn on the way back to the hotel.  My IPhone did not get a signal but I just knew there had to be a cache nearby.   I found the cache on the second try and quickly signed the log as the bus was ready to leave.  


We had a late dinner at the hotel private dining room.  We do not have to rise so early tomorrow morning.

No comments: